Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

For anyone who has ever had the misfortune of meeting Eduardo....

A little gem (not necessarily a diamond....any gem will suffice) I came up with today that I want to dedicate to anyone who is familiar with the one who sucks the fun and the living out of life....let's show ol' Eddie what we're made of!! Here's hoping you can find as much power and motivation in reading these words as I found in writing them.
________________

Hey, [insert friend's name here]. I heard you were having a rough time and that the liar and deceiver, Ed, has been all up in your business lately, and that you are feeling frustrated that you're not "totally" better yet.
I wanna share something with you. Do you know how long I've been dealing with this son of a mother?? 8 and a half years.  I've been in 3 treatment centers, had literally hundreds of hours of therapy, and have worked in-depth with a mentor for the past 5 years.  I've had support from friends, family, and various assorted professionals, and while I'm LIGHT YEARS ahead of where I was even a few months ago, I'm still not "totally" better. I say all this not to emphasize my struggle, but to show you something I know YOU know--Recovery takes time--a lot of time--and even if you don't know this yourself, you are a STRONG young wo/man with more fire and pizazz and, goodness gracious, a heart of freaking GOLD, than most people in this world, and you CAN win the fight. You are not a quitter. You are a go-getter, Ed-fighting NINJA with glitter in your veins that makes you shine your life-light so bright on everyone you meet and everywhere you are that when people think of you they can't help but SMILE. You are a precious child of the one and only Living GOD, and so help me hannah--I am NOT going to let you forget how AWESOME you are and how much you deserve Recovery and how much POWER you will have when you kick ed's little metaphorical punk a**!!
________________

Now GET OUT THERE and be a RECOVERY ROCKSTAR!!!!

You can do it!!!!

-Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment