Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

Standardizing Size

Good evening, all!

This is not going to be a super long post this time, I promise!!

I just came across an article in the New York Times that was published yesterday, and I think it is definitely worthy of attention.

The article deals with the women's clothing market, and how sizes are so arbitrary from store to store.  A quote from the beginning of the article states:  "In one store, you’re a Size 4, in another a Size 8, and in another a Size 10 — all without gaining an ounce."

I couldn't have said it better, myself....the ridiculous variance among designers/manufacturers for what constitutes any one particular clothing size.  You can read the article in its entirety here.

I have my own thoughts/opinions on the matter of arbitrary sizes, but I'd love to hear your thoughts!!  For now, I will just say that (this once, at least) women's clothing manufacturers and designers should take a tip from the designers and manufacturers of men's clothes (which are sometimes even the same, another reason women's sizes are ridiculous) and have a universal sizing system.

So....if you feel up to it, take it away.

As always, remember....RECOVERY ROCKS!!

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment